We are just days away from Epic Summer Camp SWO and we are so excited and expectant to see what God is going to do in the lives or our students. As parents I’m sure it must stink to be left behind as your student gets the opportunity to engage in the incredible adventure that is CAMP! But we at EPIC we thinking of you this week and we have created for you a Prayer Challenge for you.
Here is the Before, During and After camp Prayer Challenge:
Before Camp Epic:
1. Ask God to prepare your Student’s heart for what will happen to him/her at camp.
2. Ask God to reveal to your Student the importance of this week both spiritually and relationally.
3. Feel free to let your Student know that you are praying for them and looking forward to hearing what God does when they return.
During Camp Epic:
1. The key to praying for our Students at camp is according to the schedule. If we are eating, pray for social walls to come down and new friendships to be made. If we are out on a high adventure excursion pray for the safety and excitement of our students. And finally, if we are in a service, pray that God will hit hard the hearts of our Students. You can view the 2012 SWO schedule here: SWO12 Schedule
2. Pray for our travel both to and from camp – it’s long trip to Andrews, NC and with two buses and two vans full of teenagers it can seem even longer – pray for safe travel but also for patience and wisdom for all our volunteer leaders.
After Camp Epic:
This is perhaps the most crucial time to pray for your Student. Often, students are challenged and recharged with a renewed sense of devotion and love for Christ while at camp. And though these commitments are made, and new levels of spiritual growth are attained at camp, unfortunately, soon after, the ‘mountain top’ experience wears off; and our students can feel as though they are back in the valley. Pray that our students will stay connected to God long after the week of Camp is over. Pray that our students will see and understand that it’s not that the decisions made at camp are changing their lives but rather, changing their direction – and it is a path that continues all their lives – even into school, home and personal lives. Parents, you will play and integral part in helping your student understand more fully what God has done in their lives at Camp SWO!
Pray that Camp Epic will be the means to the end of growing closer to Christ not the end in itself.
Here are some verses for you to pray through:
“All your sons will be taught by the LORD, and great will be your children’s peace.” Isaiah 54:13
“But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.” 2 Peter 3:18
“Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, ‘God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.’” 1 Peter 5:5“Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.” James 1:22
“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.” 2 Timothy 1:7
“Finally, brothers, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more.” 1 Thessalonians 4:1